Zebra Inc.Director of Engineering
2020 - Present
Zebra provides a flexible electric vehicle subscription as an alternative to traditional car ownership.
Headspace Inc.Senior Platform Engineer
2017 - 2020
Headspace is an online healthcare company, specializing in meditation.
- Search & Recommendations: Launched microservices for serving recommendations and search results to users, along with a pipeline for daily incremental updates.
- Headspace for Work: Team of three launched Headspace's new B2B platform and associated products.
- Subscription System: Designed and implemented a new payments and subscription service that runs alongside existing service, allowing for a controlled migration between platforms.
- Mentor: As first engineer in remote office, mentored and advised incoming platform engineers on their respective projects.
- Platform Lead: Co-lead API platform team, driving team and company-wide initiatives and running weekly meetings for roadmaps, mentoring, and knowledge sharing.
Apple Inc.Software Development Engineer
2014 - 2017
Launched Apple Music for iTunes, iOS, and Apple TV.
- iTunes: Architect and one of three developers working on single-page Ember.js application.
- iOS: Created framework shared between iOS Music and and multiple Apple TV applications.
- Apple TV: Wrote portions of the Apple Music application.
- iOS: Joined the iOS Music team to work on the redesigned Apple Music in iOS 10 and 11.
Beats Music LLCSenior Engineer
2012 - 2014
Beats Music was a streaming music service that was acquired by Apple.
- iOS Client Architect: Developed the iOS SDK as well as the client implementation of analytics and playback reporting while collaborating with product team to refine and implement product vision.
- Core API: Designed and reviewed technical specifications for public facing endpoints. Maintained a Python SDK to work with and test the API.
- Developer Platform: Designed Core API with third party usage in mind. Ported internal Python SDK to developer platform to release an official Python SDK.
MOG Inc.Senior Engineer
2011 - 2012
MOG was a streaming music service acquired as a subsidiary of Beats Electronics.
- TV Apps: Completed existing app for delivery to Samsung then expanded feature set to support Boxee Box.
Hulu LLCSoftware Developer
2009 - 2011
Hulu is an online television streaming service.
- HuluDesktop: Desktop application written in ActionScript. Integrated new site player into desktop application. Worked with Beijing player development team to enhance playback and playback reporting for both the site player and desktop application.
- theConsole: Web application written in Flex3/ActionScript and backed by Python web services that allowed Content and QA teams to enter and modify all metadata for the content collection.